BMWs fantastic new boxer twin engine make the new R1250GS an absolute delight to ride. More power and smooth almost constant torque. TFT screen for total connectivity, you're going to love it.
An absolute delight to ride, the cam-shift technology makes this boxer twin engine so smooth and tractable. Be warned if you don't own a 1250GS, after riding one you'll want to!
- 1250 cc cam-shift technology Boxer Twin engine
- semi automatic adaptive suspension
- Advanced ABS
- Traction control
- Cruise control
- low seat 790, standard seat 840 to 860
- Heated grips
- Side Cases (Panniers) and Top Box. NB - All our BMW's are fitted with Genuine BMW accessories.
- Removable Inner Bags for ease of packing.
- Tyre puncture repair kit.
- Comprehensive Motorcycle Insurance*
- Airport or local hotel transfers to our base if required for rental 7 days or more.
- Roadside Breakdown and Recovery.
- Unlimited Kilometres.
- Luggage Storage.
- Luggage Transfer between our base locations (one way rental 7 days or more).
- Maps and route advice if required.
* Insurance Excess Reduction Fee: $20 per day** / capped at 21 days ie. No Charge for rental days over 21. Our Gold Cover insurance reduces your liability to NZ$750 and in the event of a damaged or punctured tyre, will cover you for its replacement. ** Minimum Charge of $140 applies for rentals less than 7 days.
Peak Season: 1 December - 30 April
Shoulder Season: 1 May - 30 November
|No. of Days||Peak Season||Off Peak Season|
|3-6 Days||NZ 345.00Peak Season||NZ 330.00Off Peak Season|
|7 Days +||NZ 330.00Peak Season||NZ 310.00Off Peak Season|
|21 Days +||NZ 310.00Peak Season||NZ 290.00Off Peak Season|
I did a solo late winter/ early spring ride for 16 days through the North and South Islands. Initially I was apprehensive of how I would fare alone but the PMT crew's high standards of organization and planning made this a ride I'll remember. Their itinerary plotted long rides through magnificent scenery while still allowing time to rest and experience attractions along the way and also at day's end. Destinations alternated between rural to urban, meandering over the island and thus leaving no chance for boredom to set in and always offering new experiences. Roads from coastal to alpine were always exciting and scenic, more beautiful than online photos can do justice to.
- See more guest comments