The new RT with 1250cc BMW shiftcam boxer twin engine. More torque, greater flexibility, less gear changes, a really easy ride.
The new BMW R1250RT is a great bike, an improvement on its predecessor the R1200RT, and that was voted best touring bike in the world many times. You wont want to give the R1250RT back.
BMW Motorrad has redesigned the engine to produce higher torque across the rev range. This makes an easy bike to ride even better, more responsive and tractable. add to that the renowned handling, superb brakes and all round comfort, and you really have a fantastic bike. With the benefits of remote adjustable screen, cruise and traction control, hill start and good sized luggage space, this bike has it all
Engine Type 1254 cc air-/liquid-cooled 180-degree boxer twin cylinder, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, Shift Cam variable valve timing
Bore and Stroke 102.5mm x 76mm
Compression Ratio 12.5:1
Horsepower 121.2 hp at 7700 rpm (Dynojet 250, rear wheel)
Torque 94.3 lb-ft. at 6500 rpm (Dynojet 250, rear wheel)
Transmission 6-speed, hydraulic
Final Drive Shaft
Front Suspension BMW Telelever, ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment)
Rear Suspension BMW Paralever, ESA
Front Brake Dual 320mm discs, 4-piston calipers, ABS
Rear Brake 276mm disc, 2-piston caliper, ABS
Front Tire 120/70-ZR 17
Rear Tire 180/55-ZR 17
Rake/Trail 25.9 deg/ 4.1 inches
Wheelbase 58.5 inches
Seat Height 31.7 or 32.5 inches. Low seat available.
Wet Weight 637 pounds (MO scales, with empty sidebags)
Fuel Capacity 6.6 gallons
Fuel Economy 47 mpg (MO observed)
- Side Cases (Panniers) and Top Box. NB - All our BMW's are fitted with Genuine BMW accessories.
- Removable Inner Bags for ease of packing.
- Tyre puncture repair kit.
- Comprehensive Motorcycle Insurance*
- Airport or local hotel transfers to our base if required for rental 7 days or more.
- Roadside Breakdown and Recovery.
- Unlimited Kilometres.
- Luggage Storage.
- Luggage Transfer between our base locations (one way rental 7 days or more).
- Maps and route advice if required.
* Insurance Excess Reduction Fee: $20 per day** / capped at 21 days ie. No Charge for rental days over 21. Our Gold Cover insurance reduces your liability to NZ$750 and in the event of a damaged or punctured tyre, will cover you for its replacement. ** Minimum Charge of $140 applies for rentals less than 7 days.
Peak Season: 1 December - 30 April
Shoulder Season: 1 May - 30 November
|No. of Days||Peak Season||Off Peak Season|
|3-6 Days||NZ 340.00Peak Season||NZ 320.00Off Peak Season|
|7 Days +||NZ 325.00Peak Season||NZ 298.00Off Peak Season|
|21 Days +||NZ 300.00Peak Season||NZ 280.00Off Peak Season|
I had Paradise Motorcycle Tours set me up on a 12-day solo trip around the South Island of New Zealand in November of 2017 and I had wonderful experience all around. Everything about my trip exceeded my expectations. I rode a nice BMW GS1200, my daily route was fantastic - there was just the right amount of road time and they recommended plenty of things to see and do each day as well. My accommodations each night were excellent. I had an amazing time thanks to Paradise and I'm ready to return already. There are just not enough superlatives to describe it! New Zealand didn't disappoint me in the least and Wayne from Paradise epitomizes the great Kiwi hospitality and friendliness of New Zealand.
Jeff S., Indiana
- See more guest comments